Counting My Blessings

This past 3 weeks has been a lesson in faith, patience, hope, joy and feeling truly blessed.
I made an emergency trip back to Iowa the last of August to be with Dad and my family as Dad underwent open heart surgery. Despite all the doom and gloom Surgeon and cardiologists Dad exceeded and surpassed their dire predictions. He is home and doing fantastic at cardiac rehab. I can not say enough good things about Dad's Doctors and Trinity Hospital in Fort Dodge. What a beautiful place and the nurses were the best. Dad's favorite Jordan was compassionate and so kind to all of us.
We as a family are so blessed. I was able to spend wonderful quality time with Dad sitting outside in the beautiful Iowa fall like weather watching them construct the new town water tower. Again a great blessing.
They say you never know who your true friends are till there is a crisis. I have to say it was brought home to me many times over. I can't thank everyone enough for the emails, texts and phone calls. They all boosted my spirits so much.
We managed to can tomatoes, well my sister did, I helped, make many trips to the hospital, pharmacy and grocery store and take Dad to his first rehab session. My trip ended with what the family calls a Red Neck fish fry. All I can say is it was fantastic good food and a great get together of family to celebrate the STRUCHEN's.

It was very hard to leave but work was waiting and I needed to get back.
Here are a few well many photos of my 10 days in Iowa
Tons of photos below sorry :) My way of documenting the time at home

The STRUCHEN'S Celebrating all of us being home

We checked this board every day to see what was on the agenda. Dad's goals were written and check ed off as he completed them

Trinity Regional Hospital For a smaller hospital it was A+++ It was like walking into a hotel with the valet parking, the beautiful water wall and baby grand piano. Every where were little sitting or eating areas for families.





How we spent many hours in the ICU lounge

My first glimpse of Dad post surgery Overwhelming with all the equipment, balloon pump and tubes every where

Jordan Dad's favorite nurse All of the staff were excellent but Jordan was Dad's favorite

Walking

Waiting

Driving many hours on the road back and forth

Anxious to go home

Free at last

Some of the 100lbs of tomatoes

Butterfly swarm. Monarchs were migrating and chose our neighbor's yard to rest for the night

Captured a butterfly on our door early am

Tree I caught on fire don't ask!!!!

Water tower construction Dad and I sat many hours watching them

Pics of our fish fry




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Summer Tag Swap

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating