Expectations not fulfilled

Well this weekend I had huge expectations of getting the front yard cleaned up, the pool fixed and my disaster of a scrap room cleaned up. Need I say none of the three came to pass. The landscapers were a no show. I waited all day for them to come haul the tree away and nope nothing. I have a feeling Sheriff Joe may be the cause. My neighbors landscapers didn't come either and he has the same theory. Pool repair people called and an "emergency" prevented them from coming so rescheduled for next week. Then we come to the ROOM the mother of all messes. It is a disaster that is for sure. I had such good intentions, but..... as I was putting things away, throwing things away and generally trying to organize and destash I happened upon the ceiling tin tiles I had purchase from Mystic Paper a long time ago. I thought it would make a great mini album of Les Sirenes event I attended in California in July. So out came the Graphic 45 beach papers and away I went. Time flew as I put together this album. I used a lot of the wrappings, tags and embellishments I had collected from the event. The general pages are completed and I even have some photos put in it. Still need to add more photos and journaling to complete. I am pleased with the project and am anxious to really finish it.

Friday after work I made a perilous mad dash to Mystic to pick up more Graphics45 Steampunk Thinking this is my favorite yet. Have a few ideas for these papers but I really need to attack that room and get it cleaned up before I do anything else.

Cover of the album. Wish I had picked up a few more of these tin tiles

Inside pages







So the weekend is over and tomorrow it is back to work. I think the weekends just fly by or maybe it is I try to squeeze too much into them.

Comments

You did exactly what you needed to this weekend - I LOVE the cover! Very cool!

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating

Summer Tag Swap