Last Days of July

My Sister and I were talking the other day how quickly the summer seems to be passing by. The days are here and gone before I seem to accomplish all I need to or want to. Soon August will be here and then on to the holidays. Must be my age but time seems to move much too quickly these days.

I was lucky enough to have a 3 day weekend this past weekend and I filled it t the top with "chores" playing with family and friends and attending a fund raiser for the sweetest little boy ever.
My daughter Jenn and her husband got heavily involved in assisting with the fund raiser at a local neighborhood bar exactly 1 mile from my house. How great was that?? Sadera made bracelets to sell out of guitar pics, John of course played with his fellow band members Hello Swindon and Jenn and Anthony helped with all of it. I am so proud of them. Sadera sold out her bracelets to the tune of $700 and Jenn thought the tally she heard last night was 19,000 dollars. So despite the heat and humidity it was a great way to spend an evening. Below are just a few of the pics from last night. Most are on my FB page as requested.

Brox and his Daddy. Brox was recently diagnosed with Batten's disease. A very nasty genetic disease with very short life expectancy. He is the sweetest little one just broke my heart

Sadera manning her table full of bracelets

My bracelet

The best ever cupcakes donated by a new shop next door

Sadera and Jenn can you tell we were roasting

Jenn and Anthony

Sadera and her friends

John on drums playing Most of the pics Jenn took with my camera. The lighting was horrible so the band pics weren't turning out very well As a side note on their quest for health and well being John has lost close to 90lbs with exercise and a modified diet. Jenn is on the Scottsdale Insurance wellness program and has lost 11lbs so far go kids

More band

And every afternoon/evening the clouds come in we get a little wind or big as the case may be and then nothing no rain Who would think I would be wanting rain!

All of us kind of sort of played hooky Thursday and had lunch at the Olive Garden Nice break for all of us



And of course a week ago was pedi day with Jenn and Sadera They were to send pics of their designs but alas I think the pony express is even slower than usual. Anyway here is my newest design And I am thinking one of the favorites next to the Alice in Wonderland one I had
So another busy week ahead and tomorrow after work, I am off to the Grand Opening of Craftfusion. New store in Chandler with lots of anticipated classes and supplies
Have a great week everyone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Summer Tag Swap

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating