Weekend Recap

Well it is Sunday and time for my weekly recap of the events this week. Work was good no major crisis and end of the month reports are done and sent and billing was done. Check check check!!!
Friday was a special day with 3 special friends. We had planned a day to create and hang out and reconnect. All of us have such busy lives that it was fun to just get caught up and relax and explore. This day was also to celebrate Colleen's birthday and her wish was to do a witch on canvas. What a fun experience to see how we all took the idea and went in different directions and created amazing collages on canvas. Alas I only have pics of mine but will need to get the rest of them. Colleen brought everything but the kitchen sink so we had lots and lots of stuff to play with. As a celebration we each made a witch's hat and gave her including Aliya. Again so fun to see how we interrupted the theme. Kim's was black and sparkly with a neat witch picture check it out on her blog, Michelle did purples and wow it was so neat. after Aliya got home from preschool we headed to lunch at the "Cheesecake Factory" oh boy what we did none of us know as for us we were being quiet and respectful but they treated us awful especially poor Michelle. Michelle couldn't do anything without being snapped at geez people customer service!!! so anyway after a fair lunch with not the best service we headed back to Kim's and worked on canvases some more and made plans for Sat am. Oh ya big plans for the 4 of us.
Sat am 5 AM my alarm goes off poor me I hit it x2 as I didn't want to crawl out of bed. But I sacrificed myself got up, showered and was waiting for Ms Colleen at 5:30. People it is dark at 5:30 but I digress so Colleen picks me up and we head to ???? yeap Starbucks. Great staff and fast service. From Starbucks it it to Merchant Square for the flea market event. Yeap it is dark, cool and parking??? on the street and you have to gasp "walk". Of course Colleen took off and was practically through the swap b4 the rest of us. High prices was our take although each of us found something some more than others shal we say, Colleen, Michelle and Kim??? From fleamarket it was to "Farmhouse" for breakfast. Now we had great friendly service and great food. Then to DM for a fun class with Michelle at 10 and yes folks we are all dragging, but wait it gets better. After class it was back to Gilbert to Country Manor where Colleen and Kim scored big and then back to Merchant Square for more shopping where I scored big. In the competiveness I won as the low credit card amount, Shall we say Colleen beat Kim and I (even if we combined our totals). We missed Michelle as she had to go to a wedding.
Below are the pics from the weekend

This is my big score and I love it!!!! And look at all the paper on it.

Vintage Christmas ornaments going to use in a swap

Breakfast at the Farmhouse in Gilbert Colleen looks dead huh??

Michelle's altered canvas at DM Fun class

Kim made each of us this neat little ornament and black and white tissue package

Michelle made each of us this adorable tag and on the back is our initials It is on my tree

Not a good pic but our witch's hats

My witch canvas need to tweak it a bit

My sister sent me a surprise package of these adorable vintage looking ornaments for my tree. Love them Thanks sis


So end of a long recap. Now to put away and clean up from the past 2 days and get ready for a new week. Hope you all had a great weekend Later

Comments

Kim said…
FUN, FUN, FUN weekend! love all the pics! it's my turn to get the next paper thing! love the stuff your sister sent!

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Summer Tag Swap

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating