Good & Sad

Yesterday Jan, Colleen and I went over to Hospice to see a dear courageous friend. Michelle was admitted to inpatient hospice on Sunday. I have to say the facility was beautiful and the staff some of the most loving caring nurses I have seen in a long while. With Don her husband at her side she was pleased to see us. As usual Michelle had that twinkle in her eye and her wicked sense of humor was still present. We all laughed about her ice spilling escapade at 2 in the morning and Michelle not calling in her drop dead gorgeous male nurse to clean her up and change the linens. It was good to see Michelle and express are love for her. Tears were never far from our eyes and there were a couple of moments that all of us were pretty teary. We love you Michelle, your inspiration, your devotion to your autistic class, your love of nature, and that wicked wicked sense of humor that always keeps us laughing. You are a positive inspiration to all who meet you. We will miss you terribly but we will know that you are at peace and smiling down on us especially Colleen. Go in peace and may the angels hold you close. Michelle
Below are some of the layouts I have been working on this weekend. These are the kits from Follow the Leader Class with Michelle and Kim at Devine Memories, that you can purchase after class. I am so far behind as I have purchased quite a few. Luckily I made excellent choices as the kits and the pictures I had went very well together
Tribute to Michelle

Sadera's school pic


Anthony & Sadera in Florida

After visiting Michelle in hospice we met Kim, Aliya, Kelsey, Michelle and Jenna for lunch at Sweetcakes. This is Colleen's newest favorite place to eat. Had a great lunch, a bit of antiquing and home.
Not an atique but a new paper cutter by Making Memories. I have to say this one may be the "one" So far I am loving it. Clean straight cuts.
I met Jenn, John and kids for lunch today (Saturday) and then they all came back to my house and we made 12 explosion boxes for Sadera's 9th birthday party as favors. These were the boxes we had made at Jan's house for our mid month class

And last but not least my newest antique inherited from Colleen. I need to find a place for it but I plan to keep all my paints and daubers on this stand

Tomorrow promises to be another busy day. Beth, Colleenn and I are going to Olive & Ivey in Scottsdale for brunch to celebrate my birthday a week early as Colleen will be in New York next week for Jeff's graduation. More on that adventure tomorrow






Comments

Kim said…
wow!!!!!!!!!! i have tears in my eyes! i'm sure michelle will be gr8tly missed and always remembered!

you've been busy with everything and i love your newest piece from colleen! have fun at lunch tomorrow. we know the food is yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Summer Tag Swap

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating