Almost here

It is hard to believe that it is Christmas Eve already. It seems to come faster every year. I remember as a child thinking Christmas would never arrive. The anticipation of all the celabrations, food, family get togethers and chaos of Christmas morning were looked forward to with great anticipation. This has been a different year for me. As a family we decided to downsize with the gift giving. Basically very hard for me as I love giving gifts. We are concentrating on being together and playing games with the kids.Of course John and TJ are so competitive that this will be fun. It has also been a more peaceful holiday season. Everything has fallen into place more easily and I'm ready. Yeap you heard that right I'm ready. House is cleaned, groceries have been bought, meal planned AND the gifts are wrapped and under the tree WAHOO Now I can sit back and relax today and enjoy. First time in a long long time Might even get to play with my scrap stuff
The least blurry pic of my tree and my new star lights that I LOVE Found them at IKEA
I made the star boxes to hold the tags that are on each gift. Sandy at DM taught us these in a make-n-take andIlove them I decided to take a tradition from my folks and use it to playa little game as the kids are old enough this year. Each gift has a tag and each person's box holds a tag. They have to match the tags to find their gifts
Here are the tags. Anthony has the penguin, Sadera the reindeer, TJ the snowman, John the light bulb and Jennifer the ornament. Thanks to cricut these were fun and easy to make
One of my new favorite ornaments
Another new one this year
And my beautiful beaded angel
And to make my day even better my scrap muse kit is her and oh boy it was loaded this time. Haven't had a chance to go through it all but that is on the agenda today.

More pics of my IKEA finds andmy table in a bit
Off to find coffee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Summer Tag Swap

It's A Busy Good Friday