Lazy, Creative Sunday

I really did have good intentions of getting lots accomplished today, but instead after taking care of the chemicals in the pool and finding Colleen crepe paper I played. I had been wanting to play with one of the many canvases I have, so that is how I spent the afternoon.
This has been a fun weekend with Friday antique/junk finds yesterday (sat) "meet the Teacher" at Devine Memories and today play time. What a great weekend.

Saturday Colleen and I spent the afternoon altering flash cards to be put on the cutest little wood stand. Sandy, Michelle, Kim and Renee did an outstanding job of leading us through their cards. Upper row left to right Michelle's and Sandy's and bottom row left to right Kim's and Renee's Lots of great ideas
Little wood stand for our cards
Ok, here are the pics of my canvas from start to finish. Lots more pics of my process but won't bore ya. Gesso and soft gel medium to adhere all kinds of "stuff" to my canvas from sewing patterns, post cards, tissue paper, masking tape, joint tape, and guaze you name it I probably put it on it

1st layers of paint and glimmer mist. I got a bit heavy handed with the glimmer mist so it took a bit like a long bit for it to dry. Then I stamped all over it with my favorite French words stamp, put the pic on and began my layers of bees wax. I got a bit heavy handed with the bees wax too so rather than muck my iron up I used my embossing gun to thin and smooth it out.

And the final canvas with my pin up girl Hallowen witch. I added some bling to the skeleton eyes and put a piece of jewelry from Friday's trek on it. Want to add some other stuff but just letting it sit for a bit till I figure out what I want.
Ok my weekend in a nutshell. It is back to work tomorrow and the start of another busy week.





Comments

Kim said…
wow i love your canvas. can't wait to see it in person!

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

Summer Tag Swap

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating