Sunday, April 20, 2008

The War Continues!!!

My saga with TJ's parrot continues. How come us Moms get all the pets to keep when children move and can't have animals??? Good question as I am the lucky recipient of the parrot and a lovable lab.
Anyway the saga of this bird never ends. As I had posted before TJ arrived yesterday to help me in the yard and the pool the bird was not on his best behaviour this past week. Well I decided it was a good time to clean the bird cage namely my son was here to monitor the bird. Best laid plans right? I wasn't as careful as I could or should have been and Mr Parrot escaped his cage and to make matters worse MOCKED me with his evil laugh. I proceeded to clean the drawer put nicely laid newspapers in the bottom all neat. After a bit of difficulty and a towel wrapped around the bird TJ was able to get him back in. He was a not happy, he was a miserable angry bird. He promptly went to the bottom of the cage and ripped up the paper and proceeded to throw it out of the cage piece by piece. I swept up the mess before I went to bed last nite and this is what greeted me this am!!!! So once again I am cleaning up hs food and pieces of paper and meanwhile he is a happy little bird his favorite CD is playing and he is signing to his heart's content. Grrrrr!!!!


I am off to work in the yard for awhile. Trying to get my fountain to work. Have a great day

No comments: