Recapping the past weekend


I was so lucky to be able to attend Kim C's event in Cali this past weekend. It was a whirlwind of activity leading up to the event on Saturday. Kim pampered us with delicious food, wonderful goodie bags and an atmosphere of inspiration and creativity.

Kim H and I left Thursday morning in a packed Expedition and headed to Kim C's house. We arrived safe and sound and were greeted by Kim and Amy Powers. Can I just say she is the sweetest. Soon we were off for manicures and pedicures and the most wonderful massages. Then it was a Del Taco run and back to Kim's house for pouf balls:)
Amy working on her ball as she waits for us to finish up

Sweet Kim working away

Friday found us back at Kim's and then to the downtown LA flower district. What a wonderful selection of the most beautiful flowers. Unfortunately I didn't take pics but Amy did so check her blog. Then it was to the Studio to help Kim set up. What a fun day getting all the pieces put together. Colleen arrived yeah and we headed to lunch at the famous Pinks Hot dogs. What fun it was trying to decide which hotdog to taste. After lunch we continued to help with setting up.



Saturday morning was exciting as we checked in for the event. As we came up the stairs this is the beautiful display that greeted us. Everything was beautiful shades of pink and absolutely everything was wonderful.




Colleen ready for our first class

Our first class was Amy Powers a beautiful wreath. The box with all the goodies packed inside.

We had 3 classes: Amy's wreath, Michelle's mosaic box and Kristin's chandelier. All were beautiful classes. I still need to put finishing touches on all 3 and then I will post pictures.

I joined 2 swaps and love what both my swap mates made me.
1st swap was the birdhouse swap and these sweet bird houses were made by Jenny Morgan. They are sitting in a place of honor in my living room.

Joy was my partner for the colors swap. we needed to alter a round box and fill with goodies in our partners favorite color. Joy hit my colors perfectly and made the most beautiful box filled to the brim with wonderful goodies.

Vendor tables


Maija from across the room. We had to travel to Cali to see Maija :)

Such a magical weekend. Although I am tired I had a wonderful traveling companion, got to catch up with dear Colleen and be creative.

Comments

Kim Caldwell said…
Wonderful picture sweet Sherry. I giggled looking at us puffing balls at the nail salon. I think they thought we were crazy! Love the behind the scenes photos too!! Miss you. . .

Hugs, Kim
Tina said…
How much fun!!! Love it. One of these days I am going to go to that. I just drool everytime you all come back with photos.
Unknown said…
Hi Sherry! You're blog is lovely! I've met Amy Powers before- along with plenty of the ladies that attended- such as Maija! I was at her place not too long ago and she lives close to you! Small world! Keep in touch and thanks again for using my banner. It looks lovely up there :)

Sandy

Popular posts from this blog

The Stockings Were Hung

It's A Busy Good Friday

Today: Chaos, Cooking, Cleaning and Creating